About the Job
Do you want a role where you can use your experience in supporting business applications and people management?
It’s an exciting time to join Games Workshop in IT, we are in the middle of a change journey, and we’re looking for the right person to join us, to help develop our existing IT systems and position our business to allow for future growth.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, as the Applications Support Team Lead you will be responsible for leading a small team in the support, maintenance and continual improvement of the Games Workshop core business applications including Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations ERP, warehouse systems and various production and in-house built solutions. This will include ensuring that project implementations are handed over into operational support and ensuring that documentation is available to effectively support the systems.
- Assessing the existing implementation and engaging in a continual improvement plan for all systems based on user requirements.
- Hosting regular performance and mentoring sessions, setting and reviewing targets for each technician.
- Ensuring IT Services are delivered against defined Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Verifying the quality, accuracy and timelines of responses and actions taken by Analysts.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to gather in-depth understanding of business operations and needs to develop requirements for the configuration, customisation and implementation of core business solutions.
- Mentoring and training other technical team members in relevant areas of all core applications.
- Collaborating with IT colleagues, business subject matter experts and outside vendors on end user issues and new application functionality.
- 2nd and 3rd Line Application Support.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Proven experience supporting ERP and Warehousing solutions.
- Strong leadership qualities with a proven ability to manage and drive a team to success.
- Good understanding of SQL queries & data structures including creating queries to analyse data.
- Application Support experience.
- Experience of managing application maintenance.
- Proven experience of taking ownership and accountability of incidents.
- Must be able to identify, troubleshoot, solve, and manage production issues under time constraints with minimal supervision.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 7th March 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.