About the Job
Are you an assistant accountant looking for your next challenge?
Do you want to be part of the team responsible for ensuring costing and stock accounting in a fast-growing multinational group listed on the London Stock Exchange is done right?
We have a fixed term contract opportunity for an Assistant Stock Accountant to join our team and support us in the next phase of our journey.
Reporting to the Costing and Stock Controller, you will be responsible for processing period end stock reports, reconciliations and working with the wider finance team to produce management accounting information. The role will also involve assisting with the maintenance of our global stock costing records and contributing to the variance analysis reporting.
- Supporting the preparation of month end stock reports and reconciliations
- Black Library stock reconciliations
- Review retail stock and stock in transit
- Purchase price variance analysis
- Update and report on production recovery data
- Update stock revaluations templates for review
- Maintaining purchase cost and carriage cost registers
- Recording weekly production data
- Maintaining and updating SOP’s
- Working with the team to improve process efficiency
- Recommending efficiencies, process changes, or any other continuous improvements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of working within a finance team.
- Knowledge of stock accounting, fixed assets, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel to advanced level including PIVOTs and working with high volumes of data.
- Problem solving with a can-do attitude, keen to research and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail, with high focus on accuracy and data analysis
- Well organised and able to manage own time efficiently.
- Good communication skills.
- Post qualification experience in similar size of company.
- AAT or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Experience of working with stock and product costing in a manufacturing business.
- Knowledge of Sage 500 and Microsoft D365 accounting systems
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well-established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Tuesday 18th May 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.