About the Job
Our world class miniatures design studio is at the creative heart of Games Workshop, inhabited by a group of diverse individuals with varying skill sets and backgrounds brought together by a common set of shared values, tireless creativity and a passion for creating the best Citadel Miniatures that we can.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Concept team as a Conceptualiser in the Miniatures Design Studio. This job is about exploring and communicating ideas quickly and effectively using sketches, line drawings and other media.
You will be briefed on each project and then discuss and explore potential ideas before creating any sketches/drawings. Plenty of feedback will be given along the way and you’ll be asked to refine your thinking in the pursuit of the best ideas for miniatures. You’ll be encouraged to be radical and experimental whilst still remaining respectful and informed by existing Intellectual Property. The whole process requires you to continually search and critique your own work whilst asking for the input of others to find the best way forward. Once a brief is fulfilled, the Miniatures Design Managers will use your work to help brief the Miniatures Designers.
- Produce exciting and inspiring concepts, sketches and drawings following a brief from the Design Management Team.
- Discuss new and innovative ideas with the other members of the concept team, refining your own ideas and work accordingly.
- Give and receive constructive feedback on any idea, sketches and drawings, in the pursuit of the best ideas for Citadel Miniatures.
- Take ownership of your own learning and development, in particular the areas of Games Workshop intellectual property, art and art history, military history etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to constantly produce new, exciting and innovative ideas for Warhammer Miniatures through sketches and line drawings and further explore those ideas.
- Can demonstrate good aesthetic judgement and can describe what makes a great Citadel Miniature.
- The desire to join a creative team, to enjoy discussing and exploring ideas while giving and receiving feedback enthusiastically along the way.
- The thirst for historical and cultural knowledge and references in order to create new and unique intellectual property.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established business that continues to lead the industry and delight its customers. If you share our passion for inspiring others through your work and want to be part of our miniature design team’s exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This role is based full time in our design studio at our headquarters in Lenton, Nottingham, UK.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 23rd January 2022.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Having a portfolio that’s bursting with great ideas that reflect the core aesthetics for Warhammer would be an advantage – you can submit your drawings with your application.
When you’re ready, please click apply, below.