About the Job
Our world class miniatures design studio is at the creative heart of Games Workshop, inhabited by a group of diverse individuals with varying skill sets and backgrounds brought together by a common set of shared values, tireless creativity and a passion for creating world-class miniatures.
We are looking for a Design Manager to join our rapidly expanding team in the Citadel Miniatures Studio.
You will join our Design Management team, responsible for leading and managing Citadel Miniatures projects from conception, through design and on to production. You will be expected to push the boundaries of what is possible, surprising and delighting our customers with evermore amazing miniatures and to deliver these projects on time.
Our Design Managers manage multiple design projects in conjunction with our team of Citadel Designers. They also participate in the concepting phase of new products, guiding the creation of new intellectual property (IP).
- Assist in the creation of plans for new release cycles, ensuring that the Warhammer: Age of Sigmar and Warhammer: 40,000 miniatures offer is broadening, deepening and growing.
- When requested, manage, coach and develop Trainee Citadel Miniatures Designers, setting clear goals and measuring performance.
- Ensure all Citadel Miniature projects are resulting in high quality, exciting products for our customers.
- Write and deliver briefs for the design and the concept teams, guiding and directing as necessary, assessing the output to what’s needed.
- Act as a guardian of our Intellectual Property. Manage the creation of new IP for miniatures products and for the wider business when requested.
- Identify, propose and execute new miniatures Research and Development projects.
The successful candidate will have:
- An understanding of the underlying design philosophy of our miniatures and be able to apply that knowledge practically and skillfully.
- An ability to manage others to deliver fantastic products, on time and to the expected high quality.
- A vision regarding our design agenda and how it can be driven forward.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, using written, verbal and visual means, influencing others positively.
- An understanding of design and design aesthetics and/or art, art history, military history etc.
- The ability to recognise the strengths and weaknesses of staff and help them to develop.
- Demonstrate great commercial acumen via an understanding of how design choices impact on sales performance.
A recognised qualification in an art or design discipline may help your application.
This will be an exciting role for the right individual and a fantastic opportunity in a fast growing, ambitious company full of passionate people.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This role is based full time in our design studio at our headquarters in Lenton, Nottingham, UK.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 30th January 2022.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.