About the Job
Are you a published Writer who would love to write text for magazines and books at Games workshop? If so, we have a new opportunity so read on for more detail…
We are looking for a creative Writer to join our Partworks team within our renowned Book and Box Games Studio, on a fixed term contract basis for 2 years.
Reporting to the Magazines and Packaging Manager you will join a team responsible for making Partworks to support the recruitment of new customers into the Games Workshop hobby. As Writer, you will work closely with the Editor and Graphic Designer within the Partworks team to write a series of magazines and supplementary materials using the Adobe Creative Cloud software suite on Macs.
- Obtaining a schedule from the Partworks Co-ordinator showing the timeline for the production of book/magazine.
- Involved in the gathering of assets and then writing of text for pages of Partworks magazines using existing templates and specification sheets.
- Delivering work consistently – writing to a brief and to weekly deadlines for each magazine issue.
- Receiving feedback on your work from the Editor and making any alterations.
- Ensuring writing is free of spelling and grammatical errors and meets the planned word count.
- Writing with audience and reader in mind.
To be successful in this role, you will have already had written material published either in print or digitally and have excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with proven ability in delivering results to tight deadlines.
Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite would also be advantageous.
If you would like to demonstrate your creative writing skills, working in a team to weekly deadlines, whilst always focussing on the quality of the finished product, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive:
- Staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Matching pension scheme up to 7.5%
- Profit share bonus (subject to Games Workshop meeting profit targets)
- Share Save scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- On-site Bugmans bar with discounts on food and drink
- Sports & social club with subsidised trips and access to the on-site weights room
- On site yoga classes and massages
- Travel repayment scheme on Tram passes and Robin Hood Card
- Cycle scheme
- Annual events: Summer fun day and Christmas events
Other Essential Information
Contract duration: This contract is for a fixed term period of 2 years.
Closing date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 16th August 2020
How to Apply
If you wish to apply please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for. Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application.
When you’re ready, please click apply, below.