About the Job
Do you want to manage a team of Web or App Developers, inspiring them to deliver new and existing customer technologies that support our Warhammer hobby?
Are you motivated by the challenge of getting the best out of a technical team in a fast paced business environment, always looking for ways to improve how things are done? Can you communicate your plan credibly to multiple key business stakeholders, including your team, and manage all of their expectations?
It’s an exciting time to join Games Workshop in our Customer Technology Team as we develop and grow to become a high velocity delivery, customer focused, agile software engineering team. Our Delivery Manager will be responsible for helping us with this journey.
As Delivery Manager, you will manage a team of Developers, setting their goals and supporting their personal and professional development. You will have a plan for your resource to deliver a range of changes from continuous improvement to major projects, at times involving third parties. Working with your peers to provide operational support and ensure our services are always available to our customers.
- Expert approaches to estimation, forecasting and planning, include re-prioritisation when necessary.
- Ensuring sprints deliver quality output, whilst also maintaining customer security and accessibility standards throughout.
- Supporting backlog management through effective use of methodologies, coaching the team and assisting Product Owners.
- Following strong process and governance aligned to Agile methodologies e.g. Scrum/Kanban.
- Team and individual accountability, promoting Kaizen and Extreme Ownership Philosophies.
- Building strong collaboration and relationships with key stakeholders and business functions from Product Owners and Designers, through to Architects
- Providing budgetary support (people, tools and suppliers).
- Effective management of third party providers and any associated contractors.
- Providing routine reporting and management information.
- Removing/overcoming impediments or blockers to development delivery.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Delivery or Project Management experience for digital products/services in an Agile environment.
- Experience in delivering a large number of projects and change initiatives.
- A strong understanding of software development processes and appreciation of modern technology stacks (languages, libraries, tools, databases etc).
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Competent in Project Methodologies (Agile & Waterfall).
- Practical experience of resource planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proven experience in managing a team; the ability to motivate and empower a team whilst also driving individual accountability.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established business that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our Customer Technology team’s exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This role is home based, with occasional visits to our head office in Lenton, Nottingham.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.