About the Job
Do you want a role where you can use your experience of supporting Microsoft Dynamics 365 and people management?
As the Dynamics 365 Team Lead you will be responsible for leading a small team of IT Support Analysts in the support, maintenance and continual improvement of the Games Workshop Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations instances. This will include ensuring that project implementations are handed over into operational support and ensuring that documentation is available to effectively support the system. You will report to the IT Operations Manager working as part of the IT Operations support team ensuring effective support of the system.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, document, build, test, and deploy Microsoft Dynamics 365 system enhancements that include complex formula fields, field dependencies, validation rules, workflow rules and actions, approval processes, reporting, dashboards, and system upgrades.
- Assess the existing implementation and engage in a continual improvement plan for the system based on user requirements.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including discovery, analysis, requirements definition, solution design, configuration, code development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Lead technical design reviews/approval on behalf of the team including advising on Microsoft Roadmap for Release Cycles and inclusions for release.
- Ensure that team and individual tasks and objectives are completed within a timely, consistent and responsive manner, hosting regular performance and mentoring sessions, setting and reviewing targets for each technician. Producing, monitoring and presenting regular reports on Team Performance; KPI’s/Contractual Service Measures.
- Ensure IT Services are delivered against defined Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Verifying the quality, accuracy and timelines of responses and actions taken by Analysts.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to gather in-depth understanding of business operations and needs to develop requirements for the configuration, customization and implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions.
- Prototype and configure processes in Dynamics 365 to make sure the system works the way the Stakeholders specify.
- Collaborate with IT colleagues, business subject matter experts and outside vendors on end user issues and new application functionality.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Proven experience of Microsoft Dynamics 365 in an IT support capacity.
- Specific knowledge of at least 2 modular areas (eg. finance, manufacturing, trade & logistics, warehousing, retail).
- Strong leadership qualities with a proven ability to manage and drive a team to success.
- A good understanding of SQL Server and Dynamics D365 data structures including creating queries to analyse data.
- Strong D365 Security and User Access skills.
- Knowledge of major systems including Dynamics 365, Sage and Azure DevOps and portals.
- Understanding of the Dynamics Evergreen/One version release processes.
- Proven experience of taking ownership and accountability of incidents and developments & handing over to Operations.
- ITIL/ Prince2/ Agile/ SAFE / DevOps.
- Understanding of architectural principles in relation to systems and solution design.
- Must be able to identify, troubleshoot, solve and manage production issues under time constraints with minimal supervision.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 4th October 2020
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.