About the Job
Are you an experienced Enterprise Architect with people management experience and looking for your next challenge in an internal IT function within a FTSE 250 multinational organisation?
Do you want to provide technical leadership on all matters related to technology architecture?
We have a brand new opportunity for an Enterprise Architecture Manager to define, develop and maintain Games Workshop’s global enterprise architecture.
This is a key management role in our growing business. Leading and developing a small architecture team, you will be responsible for the translation of complex business systems requirements into a new global enterprise architecture that simplifies Games Workshop’s technology ecosystem and helps define the path to successful implementation of a systems transformation programme. This will include migration to our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics 365), defining a new global architecture model and business as usual projects.
You will work with project teams and functional specialists across the business to understand and map a new architecture path, assisting with build versus buy strategies and working with the wider Systems teams to ensure that Games Workshop implements an appropriate application architecture for the global business model.
A key challenge in this role is the balance between the rigour required in system definition and practical change management to ensure the final solution is effective for the business and delivers value.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Proven experience as an Enterprise Architect working within large scale, highly complex projects.
- A track history of delivering complex enterprise transformation programmes and/or implementing large scale technology change programmes.
- Experience in leading the implementation of a flexible and extensible technology stack. Azure Cloud stack experience would be beneficial.
- Good understanding of modern business applications in a retail or logistics setting.
- People management skills including coaching and development of others.
- Excellent organisation skills and able to work at pace on multiple priorities.
- Strong communicator and able to build relationships at all levels.
- Ability to absorb highly complex concepts and communicate them simply to non technical stakeholders.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Experience of Microsoft D365 or other ERP systems would also be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the technology agenda in a well established business that continues to lead the industry and delight its customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future at Games Workshop, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This is a hybrid role based at our headquarters in Nottingham with a minimum of two days per week in the office.
Overseas Travel: As you will be covering solutions globally there will be the potential for occasional global travel.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 22nd May 2022.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.