About the Job
Are you a Solution Architect with ERP implementation experience in the functional areas of Retail and Logistics and looking for your next challenge?
Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly changing environment at Games Workshop overseeing various projects and implementations?
Reporting to the Lead Enterprise Architect, you will be accountable for the D365 F&O ERP end-to-end solution as well as many other peripheral applications. Working with business and IT stakeholders such as Business Process Owners, Functional Consultants, Delivery Stream Managers, and Business Analysts, you will ensure that customer requirements are thoroughly understood and reflected in future product releases. The role will be part of a larger architectural function and will work closely with the other architects to ensure any architectural or technical decisions fit with Games Workshop’s overall architecture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the implementation of commercial and custom solutions capable of supporting the business.
- Identifying futuristic opportunities, developing Proof of Concepts (POC) and solutions to analyse ambiguous technical and customer situations and to determine appropriate solutions as necessary.
- Working alongside the Enterprise Architect and aligning the enterprise principles, guidelines and vision in the delivery of projects.
- Providing advice and guidance on the best use of Games Workshop ERP functionality in accordance with agreed outcomes and plans.
- Accountable for the analysis of customer requirements to produce system design.
- Providing quality assurance in all aspects of the System Design and Build.
- Responsible for producing design artefacts such as outline architecture, high level design and detailed design documents.
- Reviewing and approving the design outputs from the consultants and other colleagues.
- Supporting the Change Advisor Board (CAB) Chair with change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Performing quality assurance activities on specifications, designs, and implemented interfaces.
- Management/liaison with 3rd party suppliers.
Other Essential Information
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- Proven experience as a Solution Architect of end to end ERP implementations for high profile projects of between £10m to £50m budget, ideally within Retail or Logistics.
- Ability to lead teams of functional consultants.
- Expert level of understanding in producing design artefacts such as interface diagrams and high level design documentation.
- Experience of leading the solution architecture work stream – the go to person for any solution related queries for the entire ERP program.
- Strong supervision, delegation, and capacity development abilities.
- Highly proactive, with the capacity to identify and provide solutions to mitigate risks.
- Experience of D365 or Dynamics AX and knowledge and experience of Cloud applications would be an advantage.
Location: In this role you will be working at our head office in Nottingham (UK) for 2 or 3 days per week and the remainder of the week remotely from home.
WORKING AT GAMES WORKSHOP
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 8th August 2021