About the Job
Do you want to deliver world class Events to engage and delight customers? Are you able to effectively project manage and inspire others to ensure all events run exceptionally and to plan? Are you excited about developing our Japanese Warhammer Community to reach new and existing customers around the world?
You will be responsible for delivering our Japanese Events strategy. Based in territory you will work with our strategic partners to ensure the delivery of engaging consumer and trade events which meet recruitment, retention and sales targets. You will lead the planning and delivery element for the events and be responsible for ensuring every detail is covered, every element is delivered and every KPI is met.
You will also seek out and deliver on opportunities to grow our Warhammer Community in territory. You will achieve this through developing and supporting community led events and tournaments whilst also developing your own official Warhammer tournament circuit. For this element you will ensure our customers are playing more Warhammer, more often.
Meticulous planning needs to go into ensuring we succeed at delivering great customer experiences at all of our events so you will have an attention to detail, a drive for sales and a passion for customer service. You will ensure that each event successfully promotes our hobby, our products, our digital channels and our values. You will be expected to work to a flexible and demanding schedule at weekends and in the evenings and always maintain a positive attitude.
Your key responsibilities will include:
– Developing, maintaining and delivering our Japanese event strategy
– Owning the delivery of each event ensuring your team deliver
– Ensuring every element of the event is sufficiently planned, managed and executed
– Ensuring all KPIs at events are achieved
– Relationship Management of partnerships with Event owners, suppliers, agencies and community leaders
– Contract negotiation and review
– Managing budgets and costs
– Partnering with internal teams to ensure company objectives for events are planned and achieved
– Regularly reviewing the status of all events
– Keeping internal/external stakeholders updated on progress/changes
– Simultaneously managing multiple events
– Continuously improving our overall event offer
The things you will need to demonstrate are:
– Commercial awareness with experience of managing costs and revenue targets
– Experience in planning a wide range of events of different sizes and budgets
– Previous direct sales and customer service experience
– Strong relationship management and influencing skills
– Analytical and problem-solving skills
– Excellent organisation skills
– An ability to manage multiple projects, bringing them all to a successful conclusion
– Experience in managing successful teams
– Ability to work non-standard working-hours and to travel as required
– Japanese and English languages verbally and written at business level
– Strong understanding of Games Workshop, gaming and the wider hobby
We know this will be a challenging role. You will have multiple events to deliver all to a high expected standard. The impact you will have on how we communicate and engage with our community will be significant. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to really impact how we engage with new and existing customers at the biggest gaming events around the world.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work.
Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is even more important than your skills or experience.
Other Essential Information
Travel: You will be expected to work at events around Japan, and potentially overseas.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 5th April 2020.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video.
This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for. Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.
Please apply in English.