About the Job
Are you a Front End React Developer who wants to be part of an agile team delivering critical customer facing applications for Games Workshop?
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join our Customer Technology team. You will be working on brand new applications and features alongside our Warhammer+ team.
In this role you’ll be spending time solving challenges our users have interacting with our services and creating high quality solutions together with colleagues, quickly. Working with other Developers and alongside a QA in a squad, you will work to Agile principles, getting involved in every aspect of delivery.
You may have an understanding of headless CMS’ and event driven architecture using cloud native components.
- Developing fit for purpose software and the tools to support and maintain it.
- Ensuring that software developed is always functional and available.
- Facing tricky challenges that require you to be a creative developer to overcome.
- Contributing to our future technology strategy and being a part of making it a reality.
- Every day, you will be looking for ways to improve how we build and support our services whilst championing new ideas to help give the best results possible to our customers.
- Caring about the software development process and understanding the importance of collaboration.
- Providing operational support ensuring that our systems and websites are always working for everyone, everywhere.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience and skills building front-end single page applications with React.
- Good knowledge of React libraries, principles and patterns.
- Experience of working within an Agile/Scrum delivery methodology.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Be adaptable to change and work well under pressure.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this, we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days of holiday per year (including public holidays), a matching contributory pension scheme of up to 7.5%, a profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets), and the option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
There will be a requirement for occasional out of hours work.
Location: This role is home based, with occasional visits to our head office in Lenton, Nottingham.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 23rd January 2022
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.