About the Job
You will ideally be a Full-Stack engineer with experience working in AWS, and with the serverless paradigm. You’ll be accustomed to using techniques like Test Driven Development and Paired Programming to create secure and performant software. We want you to spend time really understanding the challenges we are trying to solve and creating high quality solutions together, quickly.
In this role you will:
- Face tricky challenges that require you to be a creative developer to overcome
- Contribute to our future technology strategy and be a part of making it a reality
- Every day, you will be looking for ways to improve how we build and support our services whilst championing new ideas to help give the best results possible to our customers
- It is incredibly important that you care about the software development process and understand the importance of collaboration
- Also provide operational support ensuring that our eCommerce systems and web sites are always working for everyone, everywhere
The ideal candidate will:
- Be mid-level developer who can draw on their experience to overcome technical challenges
- Be a team player and strong individual contributor
- Adaptable to change and agile under pressure
- Passionate and driven
- Bring your personality and add to our vibrant culture!
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is serious about furthering their career as a developer. We don’t expect you to know everything about coding or our applications on day one. What we do expect is that you will throw yourself in with a passion for learning and teamwork.
We aim high and believe in doing it right and doing it fast, which we know it’s going to be loads of fun too!
Find Out More
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive:
- Staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Matching pension scheme up to 7.5%
- Profit share bonus (subject to Games Workshop meeting profit targets)
- Share Save scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- On-site Bugmans bar with discounts on food and drink
- Sports & social club with subsidised trips and access to the on-site weights room
- On site yoga classes and massages
- Travel repayment scheme on Tram passes and Robin Hood Card
- Cycle scheme
- Annual events: Summer fun day and Christmas events
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work.
Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is even more important than your skills or experience.
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 12th April
How to Apply
If you wish to apply, please attached an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.
You can also send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job of your work to support your application.