About the Job
Do you have experience in managing an Indirect tax team and are looking for your next challenge?
Do you want to be responsible for ensuring tax compliance for a fast growing multinational group listed on the London Stock Exchange is done right?
Reporting to the Group Head of Tax, managing a team of 2 (Indirect Tax Reporter & Tax Assistant), you will be responsible for guiding the business on applicable international tax laws, whilst also preparing or managing accurate and on time tax filings with efficient use of resources to meet the tax compliance of the group.
- Advising on, applying, and reporting indirect taxes throughout our business for Retail, Trade (B2B), Web (B2C), Digital, Licensing, Service Centres and Manufacturing and Logistics.
- Responsible for indirect tax compliance for the following countries; UK, EU, North America (US and Canada), Australasia (Australian, New Zealand, Singapore), Norway.
- Responsible for EU reporting including Intrastats and ECSLs, and US Property taxes.
- Accountable for ensuring Games Workshop have correct invoices, digital support, books and records.
- Responsible for effective management of the Tax inbox (emails, post) responding in a timely manner.
- Advising on and ensuring changes to tax rates or regimes are implemented into the systems.
- Overseeing the indirect tax team in the provision of information about taxes filed to the Accountants to help them reconcile control accounts and maintenance of the calendars of the filings and records to support the work done.
- Working with the internal tax team to improve the efficiency of the processes such as automating reports.
- Recommending efficiencies such as changes to logistics, or any other continuous improvements.
- Working with third party professionals who assist with elements of the above.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience advising on indirect taxes with either a large international accounting practice or in-house tax team.
- A relevant tax qualification such as ATT, ATII/CTA; and/or an accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA.
- Experience in UK and EU VAT as well as EU reporting (intrastats and ECSL).
- Knowledge of VAT/Sales taxes for other countries such as US sales taxes, Canada GST/PST would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills to meet deadlines in a high volume role.
- The ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and adjust quickly to manage priorities as necessary.
- Analytical and able to assess opportunities/ risks and determine solutions, using technical VAT skills to reach commercial solutions.
- A strong work ethic and self motivated to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel to advanced level including PIVOTs, formatting and working with high volumes of data.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: Due to covid-19 you will be required to work from home initially and potentially split between home and office longer term.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Wednesday 17th March 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.