About the Job
Are you looking for a role where you can use your expert skills in IT Infrastructure & Security to lead and manage a team of infrastructure professionals?
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure & Security Team Lead to join our global IT team. Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and managing security and monitoring tools across the global Games Workshop estate, identifying information security deficiencies or risks and implementing measures appropriately.
Working closely with the other IT Team Leads, you will ensure that the infrastructure team is aligned on working to GW priorities, ensuring the efficient delivery of the IT function, to an equal excellent standard across IT.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with businesses and technology to research and provide security guidance for projects involving new technologies or concepts (e.g. moving a core application to cloud, or developing mobile application, new authentication technology, encryption techniques or technologies, etc.).
- Performing periodic security assessments for existing environments – this includes but not limited to applications, systems/servers, network infrastructure, database and other technologies and processes.
- Performing deep dive security assessments for existing applications, technology or processes.
- Ensuring that team and individual tasks and objectives are completed within a timely, consistent and responsive manner, hosting regular performance and mentoring sessions, setting and reviewing targets for each technician. Producing, monitoring and presenting regular reports on Team Performance; KPI’s/Contractual Service Measures.
- Ensuring IT Services are delivered against defined Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Verifying the quality, accuracy and timelines of responses and actions taken by Analysts.
- Managing third-party vendors and internal IT support structures, holding regular reviews and ensuring they are working within agreed SLA’s.
- Monitoring, supporting and maintaining incidents and requests in accordance with the Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management process with a focus on driving down repeat tickets.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience working in a similar role in IT Infrastructure and Security.
- A recognised security qualification e.g CISSP, CISM, GIAC, GSEC, GCIH, or equivalent (or be working towards).
- Experience in managing an IT Support Team in a multi OS environment including Windows, Linux, Unix and Apple Mac.
- Strong knowledge of IT environments with a technical, methodical and intelligent approach to troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Experience analysing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions and the implementation thereof.
This is a demanding role and we need someone who lives and breathes both IT infrastructure and security. Your strong risk management skills and experience in providing security enhancement and service improvements alongside your in-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering and operations of varying platforms will enable you to be successful in this role.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 4th October 2020.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.