About the Job
Are you a Project Manager with experience in delivering IT Infrastructure Projects looking for a new challenge?
It’s an exciting time to join Games Workshop in IT, we are in the middle of an Active Directory Migration project, and we’re looking for the right person to join us on a fixed term contract for 7 months, to successfully deliver this project. Our Active Directory Migration project is a key business priority and your contribution will be critical to its success.
You will be responsible for task managing the technical team; including the Infrastructure team, Business Analysts, Testers & Developers, and collaborating with a number of wider departments as this project touches on all areas of the business. You will be providing direction, making decisions and helping the project team prioritise their work, ensuring you are always ahead of plan.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the end to end governance processes and updating the supporting systems as required.
- Responsible for the production of weekly, monthly/regular status reports and dashboards.
- Engaging with stakeholders at all levels to ensure timely provision of accurate information in line with the agreed reporting cycles.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
- Managing customer satisfaction within the project transition period.
- Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Skills, experience & knowledge required:
- Proven experience in successfully Project Managing IT Infrastructure Projects and the ability to lead project teams.
- A recognised Project Management qualification (e.g PMP/ Prince 2/APM/Agile/Scrum or similar).
- Experience of developing structured frameworks such as project governance, quality standards, committee or board meetings.
- Proficient with tools and metrics needed to evaluate project performance.
- Highly proactive, with the capacity to identify and minimise risks.
If you think you can help us deliver this project on time, to cost, ensuring the highest quality standards, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
The successful person will be liaising with stakeholders across the business globally, therefore, flexibility is required to work across multiple time zones.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 31st January 2021
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.