About the Job
Do you want to be part of our Global IT Service Desk Team that is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective support of our IT systems and services?
Are you excited about working collaboratively with all areas of the business to provide IT support and resolutions?
We are looking for a First Line IT Service Desk Technician to join our Global IT Service Desk team, based in Nottingham UK on a 6 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Service Desk Team Lead , you will be responsible for logging, troubleshooting and resolving of incidents and requests for hardware and software applications.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Logging all contact from the end-user in our Ticketing system.
- Triaging incidents and requests to ensure there is enough information in tickets to be able to effectively resolve the issue.
- Regularly updating users with incident and request updates.
- Completing routine maintenance tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Imaging and deploying hardware i.e desktops, laptops and printers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience working in a fast paced IT Service Desk role.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to collaborate across multiple teams in multiple countries.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Windows OS and Mac OS, and basic knowledge of networking.
- An understanding of ITIL methodology is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of the following systems and software – Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Gsuite Administration, Microsoft Office , Ring Central, Sage and MS D365 is desirable but not necessary as training will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm. You may be required to provide out of hours support at evenings and weekends.
Contract Duration: This is a fixed term contract for the duration of 6 months.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 20th June.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.