About the Job
Licensed Media Creative Manager
Games Workshop has been creating compelling fantasy and science fiction intellectual property for over 35 years. Our core brand Warhammer is now a household name across the globe and we have an army of passionate and engaged fans. We are working to deliver world class licensed media products with established partners, and this creates complex and exciting challenges for the Licensed Media Creative Manager.
That’s where you come in!
We need someone who wants to help our partners make licensed media of the highest quality, which will excite our loyal fans. These products need to work well in their markets, but also feel authentic to whichever distinctive Warhammer IP they are based on.
You will report to the Licensing Creative Studio Manager and work to set up processes, create a network of creative talent and draw skills from an existing team of licensing experts. You will cover all of Games Workshop’s various IPs and so you must have a broad and deep knowledge of our amazing worlds. You’ll work on both animation and live-action projects with partners based all over the globe. Your goal is to make sure that all these products are true to Games Workshop’s worlds while performing fantastically in their respective markets.
You will be responsible for the presentation of Games Workshop’s IP to prospective partners by creating compelling pitch documents and style guides. When projects are commissioned you will then need to track them accurately and ensure their smooth running.
What makes this job hard is juggling lots of projects, relationships, and pressures whilst working independently, using resourcefulness, self-direction, self organisation and prioritisation of work. You’ll also need to stay on top of Games Workshops ever-evolving product range too and communicate successfully with people from all over the globe.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Working efficiently and effectively through resources you are responsible for, to produce and deliver shippable, high quality pitches, brochures, reports, updates and presentations.
- Successfully facilitating the resulting media products by highly competent management of the license.
- Sourcing and organising expert resources and talent and then manage the delivery of their work and ensure it is of the highest quality.
- Ensuring your projects are highly organised and planned, and that all the components of complex projects are tracked and monitored.
- Working successfully, collaboratively and efficiently with multiple and changing stakeholders through rapidly built rapport, and using influence and leverage relationships in cases where you do not have direct control.
- Giving and receiving constructive critical feedback and being highly articulate when doing so across all categories of creative output, from writing to art to sound and music.
Find Out More
You will have a strong desire to stay on top of Games Workshop’s evolving IP and possess a love of the media industry, its products and geek culture in general.
We know this will be a challenging and exciting role for the right individual who has excellent interpersonal skills and is able to communicate effectively with partners across the globe.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, Sunday 6th December 2020.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.