About the Job
Games Workshop has been creating compelling fantasy and science fiction Intellectual Property for over 35 years. Our core brand Warhammer is now a household name across the globe and we have an army of passionate and engaged fans. Delivering world class licensed products across multiple product categories creates complex and exciting challenges for the Games Workshop Licensing Creative team.
That’s where you come in!
We need someone who wants to help our partners make licensed products of the highest quality and which will excite our loyal fans. These products also need to feel authentic to whichever distinctive IP they are based on.
You will report to the Licensing Creative Manager and work as part of a high-volume team that convers products relating to all of GW’s various IPs. The categories of goods you’ll be working on will be diverse, and will range from Warhammer 40,000 t-shirts to character designs for the Total War: WARHAMMER video game. Your goal is to make sure that all these products are true to Games Workshop’s worlds and IP while selling fantastically in their respective markets.
You will be involved in the presentation of Games Workshop’s IP to prospective licensees and partners by creating presentations, style guides, and pitch documents and by contributing to meetings and presentations. What makes this job hard is juggling lots of projects, relationships, and pressures whilst making sure that you give the same, in-depth feedback on everything that is sent to you. You’ll need to stay in top of GW’s ever-evolving product range too and communicate successfully with people from all over the globe.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and approving assets
- Giving clear feedback to licensees about their use of Games Workshop’s IP
- Helping licensees make the best use of the IP
- Explaining the unique and distinctive tone of Games Workshop’s IP to licensees and ensuring licensees achieve that distinctness
- Making decisions on what constitutes an authentic use of the IP
- Forming and maintaining great relationships with licensees and working collaboratively with them
- Keeping up to date and accurate records
- Upholding Games Workshop’s reputation as a great licensor at all times
- Word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and basic graphic design software experience is essential
You will have a strong desire to stay on top of Games Workshop’s evolving IP and possess a love of PC, console and mobile video games.
We know this will be a challenging and exciting role for the right individual who has excellent interpersonal skills being able to communicate effectively with partners across the globe.
Advanced graphic design and layout skills are highly desirable
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive:
- Staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Matching pension scheme up to 7.5%
- Profit share bonus (subject to Games Workshop meeting profit targets)
- Share Save scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- On-site Bugmans bar with discounts on food and drink
- Sports & social club with subsidised trips and access to the on-site weights room
- On site yoga classes and massages
- Travel repayment scheme on Tram passes and Robin Hood Card
- Cycle scheme
- Annual events: Summer fun day and Christmas events
Other Essential Information
Contract Duration: This is a Fixed Term Contract role for the duration of 6 months.
Home Working: Due to covid-19 you will be required to work from home initially and potentially longer term.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Wednesday 23rd September 2020
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.