About the Job
Games Workshop is the world’s most successful hobby miniatures company and one of the largest FTSE 250 public companies with a market valuation of ~£3.7bn. It sells its products in over 50 countries in more than 529 wholly owned stores, direct on the internet, and through 1000’s of independent and chain retailers .Its licensing department has c 90 licensees across the globe, including partners such as Marvel, Bandai, Sega, and is now looking for a commercially minded Finance professional to partner the Licensing function to support the ever developing Warhammer brand.
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to support the strategic aim of developing and delivering our strategy of building Warhammer into a global IP franchise across multiple categories of products and market types. This will be achieved by actively influencing day to day decisions, and shaping the strategy and direction of the Licensing business through working closely with the Global Head of Licensing and within the senior management team. You will be responsible for providing support and analysis adding value that will aid key strategic decisions, whilst being responsible for all aspects of ensuring the accurate delivery of financial matters pertaining to the department.
- Drive a focus on Continuous Improvement implementing new initiatives to improve financial and operational processes.
- Ensure accurate annual budgets and forecasts are always available and present these as required to senior stakeholders up to Board level.
- Reviewing Licensees profitability, assessing possible improvements, and advising the senior team on such.
- To provide analysis and deliver insight that links financial reports to business strategies
- Responsible for interpreting financial information and data, presenting findings to Senior Stakeholders
- To provide effective commercial procedures, or initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with all Senior managers and their teams
- To challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible
- Overseeing for all financial matters pertaining to licensing ensuring invoicing and collecting of all monies due are carried out accurately and on time
- Contribute to the Licensing senior management team as an active participant
- Detailed analysis of, and due diligence on, potential partners business models and offers, offering appropriate comparisons of norms in any given industry.
- Ensure all legal paperwork is accurate, tracked and adhered to, and that the Legal/Licensing relationship is actively transparent and productive.
The person will be
- An outstanding communicator and strategic thinker, capable of articulating with all levels of stakeholders ensuring that information is presenting clearly and concisely.
- Highly self-motivated and energetic ensuring productive investigation and development of opportunities with potential partners and modelling of business cases.
- An instinctive ability to grasp commercial and financial information with the ability to work at pace.
- Capable of challenging established thinking being proactive to research and analyse areas of interest
- Influential and motivational leadership capability.
The person will have
- A proven track record of operating as a Senior Finance /Business Affairs professional with a focus on Future Planning strategy with knowledge of the entertainment or video game industry.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 20th June
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.