About the Job
Games Workshop owns some of the most compelling and influential Intellectual Property in the world. Warhammer 40,000, Warhammer Age of Sigmar, Blood Bowl, Talisman, Necromunda and more – all loved by miniatures gaming fans worldwide. Our licensing department exists to grow revenue and increase awareness of these brands globally by managing and maximising our contractual relationships with world-class businesses in a wide variety of sectors. Marvel, Bandai, McFarlane Toys and SEGA are just a few of the fantastic licensees we work with.
Do you want to play a key role in building Warhammer into a truly global, highly profitable powerhouse of a brand in the Licensing and consumer products industries? Can you take responsibility for spearheading our growth in the categories of action figures, statues, collectibles, board games, roleplaying games and more?
You will use your consummate communication skills to liaise with licensees and retailers, ensuring they are maximising revenue, whilst also making sure that every opportunity is taken to expose Games Workshop’s IP to a new audience. Tirelessly pursuing all marketing angles with existing licensees will be key. Attending trade shows and using your personal network to satisfy your insatiable desire for improving your knowledge of any given market will be only two of the ways in which you will generate new licenses – you will have many more! You will enthusiastically follow every lead and new opportunity until the best possible deals for Games Workshop have been signed.
Doing all of this will require developing many different international relationships, both internally and externally, ensuring that our partnerships are commercially successful for all parties. You will uphold GW’s reputation as a great licensor at all times.
The ideal candidate will be excited by the challenge of demonstrating the financial value our IP offers prospective licensees and retailers in territories and industries where it is currently less well known.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Proven experience in a business development, sales, marketing or brand management role.
- Ability to network and build excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders including licensees, retailers and trade shows.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the desire to help drive the business forward.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of current market trends and an interest in consumer products.
- Licensing industry experience and Warhammer IP knowledge are both desirable, but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills or experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive:
- Staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Matching pension scheme up to 7.5%
- Profit share bonus (subject to Games Workshop meeting profit targets)
- Share Save scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- On-site Bugmans bar with discounts on food and drink
- Sports & social club with subsidised trips and access to the on-site weights room
- On site yoga classes and massages
- Travel repayment scheme on Tram passes and Robin Hood Card
- Cycle scheme
- Annual events: Summer fun day and Christmas events
Other Essential Information
Travel: This role will be based at our global headquarters in Nottingham, England and some international travel will be required to attend trade shows and visit licensees.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 19th April 2020.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video.
This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for. Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.