About the Job
Licensing Manager (Video Games)
Games Workshop is the world’s most successful hobby miniatures company and one of the largest FTSE 250 public companies with a market valuation of ~£3.5bn. It sells its products in over 50 countries in more than 530 wholly owned stores, direct on the internet, and through over 4700 independent retailers. It’s seminal Warhammer® worlds have been a staple of popular gaming and hobby culture for over 35 years and have been realised in products as diverse as miniature models, table top and video games, vinyl collectibles, action figures, comics and apparel, with many more yet to come. Its licensing department has c 90 licensees across the globe and is now looking to rapidly expand the Warhammer brand into many new markets including entertainment media.
This is your chance to be an integral and crucial part of a leading global Licensing department working with, and finding, some of the best-in-class developers and publishers making world renowned video game franchises – such as Vermintide or Total War: Warhammer.
This role will be responsible for dramatically building and growing our reach and royalty income in the video games market by developing and managing new top tier partnerships and maximising existing relationships to reach full potential.
- Generate new high value licenses by finding, approaching, presenting to and negotiating with the highest quality video game developers and publishers through business development.
- Own the relationship with partner video game licensees and 3rd party platforms, worldwide by building and maintaining strong mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Maximise and drive the commercial potential of our licensee video games partners by collaborating directly to uncover every avenue possible – and liaising with the wider video games industry and Games Workshop business.
- Approval of assigned licensees’ marketing materials. Liaising with internal departments and other licensees to identify and maximise cross-marketing opportunities and coordination of product launches.
- Maximise all opportunities to introduce our licensees’ customers to Games Workshop’s core tabletop miniatures hobby.
- Be an exemplary ambassador for Warhammer as a brand and the Games Workshop business in the video games market taking every opportunity to promote both.
Find Out More
The person will be
- A tireless, networker and relationship builder who is self-motivated and personally driven to achieve business growth.
- Structured hands on planner with strong organisational skills.
- Engaging, compelling and successful at presenting, pitching and negotiating – capable of communicating a big vision.
- Highly self-motivated and energetic – intent on filling their days with productive investigation and development of opportunities without detailed direction.
- Passionate about video gaming and pop culture in general and growing the Warhammer brand within it in particular.
- Credible and capable of representing Games Workshop at C-level meetings with multinational video games publishing businesses.
- Results driven within the context of always aiming for the long term gain.
- Financially astute with a strong commercial view with proven sales or negotiation abilities.
The person will have
- Deep and broad knowledge of video games and its industry – with a vision for what makes great licensed products.
- Personal interest, or an awareness, in the Warhammer IPs.
- A set of quality contacts throughout the video games industry, at all levels of seniority.
- Understanding of licensing contracts and able to (with support from legal) draft and negotiate terms.
- Experience in marketing, business development or a commercial role, preferably in the video games industry.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, Sunday 6th December 2020.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.