About the Job
Games Workshop is the world’s most successful hobby miniatures company and one of the largest FTSE 250 public companies with a market valuation of ~£3.5bn. It sells its products in over 50 countries in more than 525 wholly owned stores, direct on the internet, and through over 5000 independent retailers. It’s seminal Warhammer® worlds have been a staple of popular gaming and hobby culture for over 38 years and have been realised in products as diverse as miniature models, table top and video games, vinyl collectibles, action figures, comics and apparel, with many more yet to come. Its licensing department has c 90 licensees across the globe and is rapidly expanding the Warhammer brand into many new markets, including media and entertainment
We are looking for a Project Manager to coordinate the management of multiple projects and provide project management expertise, supporting the senior management team on a variety of projects relating to the Licensing Department. In this role you will take accountability for ensuring that projects across multiple delivery streams are on track and report on their results.
- Developing new project plans in consultation with stakeholders, including clients and staff
- Outlining & formulating a resource allocation strategy, and utilizing this to recommend the distribution of work and finances
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels within the business and licensed partners to ensure timely provision of accurate information in line with the agreed reporting cycles
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring excellent execution
- Ensuring data captured and maintained in project repositories is accurate and is being effectively utilised by the project community to support delivery
- The development of documents as needed to enable successful implementation and ongoing management of the project at all stages
- Identifying and developing new opportunities to maximise returns across the whole business
The person will be
- Possessing the confidence to build strong relationships with all levels of stakeholder -knowing where and who to go to for information
- Credible – engendering respect from all the people they interact with.
- Ambitious – hungry to support growth in an already wildly successful business
- Collaborative – passionate about being brand and company faithful, understanding the value of being a team player.
The person will have
- Proven experience in Project Management and the ability to manage projects of various size
- Experience of developing structured frameworks, such as project governance, quality standards, and committee meetings
- Proficient with tools and metrics needed to coordinate and evaluate project performance
- Experience of coordinating large media and/or video game projects across multiple disciplines such business development, finance , creative and marketing is very desirable.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Wednesday 4th August 2021
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.