About the Job
Are you a full stack Cloud Native Developer who wants to be part of an agile team delivering critical customer facing eCommerce solutions & application development for Games Workshop?
We are looking for an experienced Mid Level Cloud Native Developers to join our Customer Technology team. You will be working to develop brand new applications to support the hobby in exciting ways.
In this role you will be spending time really understanding the challenges you are trying to solve and creating high quality solutions through collaboration with colleagues to deliver at pace. Working with other Developers and alongside a QA in a squad, you will work to Agile principles using Scrum, getting involved in everything from daily stand ups and demos with stakeholders to planning sessions.
You will have experience of working in AWS, with AWS CDK and/or infrastructure as code. AppSync and GraphQL capability is also desirable. You will also be accustomed to using techniques like Test Driven Development and Paired Programming to create secure and performant software.
- Developing fit for purpose software and the tools to support and maintain it.
- Ensuring that software developed is always functional and available.
- Facing tricky challenges that require you to be a creative developer to overcome.
- Contributing to our future technology strategy and being a part of making it a reality.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with single page applications and static website. Experience with React a plus.
- Experience with frontend state management. Experience with xstate a plus
- Experience with microservice and serverless web development, ideally in AWS.
- API Gateway for REST and Websocket APIs.
- Dynamodb or other nosql databases
- Infrastructure as code
- Automated testing including TDD and BDD
- Gherkin / Cucumber
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
There will be a requirement for occasional out of hours work.
Location: This role is home based, with occasional visits to our head office in Lenton, Nottingham.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 2nd April 2023
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.