About the Job
Do you have experience in managing creative or design professionals and looking for your next opportunity?
We are looking for someone to inspire and manage our world class team of miniatures painters, the ‘Eavy Metal team, in our rapidly expanding Citadel Miniatures Studio. Miniatures are at the heart of what we do at Games Workshop, key to the long term success of the business.
The Miniatures ‘Eavy Metal Manager is crucial in driving the Eavy Metal team to reach unparalleled levels of performance by setting clear goals, measuring performance and fostering a team ethic of continuous excellence and improvement.
This brand new role could be ideal for an experienced manager looking for the rewarding opportunity of leading a highly talented team of creatives.
- Manage and direct the ‘Eavy Metal team through clear communication, coaching and feedback, driving improvements in team performance.
- Create painting briefs and plans for every Citadel Miniatures product that maximises the team’s success and manage all stages of the painting process, from the creation of new colour schemes and recipes, through to the handover of the painted miniatures.
- Sign off every painted Citadel Miniature ensuring that quality and delivery standards are met every time.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of successfully managing a team of people.
- Effective planning and project management skills.
- The ability to build and maintain effective, collaborative relationships and be able to deliver clear, constructive feedback to others.
- The ability to enhance individual and team performance through identifying opportunities to help develop skills, knowledge and attitudes.
- The awareness of the commercial impact of the decisions made whilst balancing quality, efficiency and delivery.
This will be an exciting role for the right individual and a fantastic opportunity in a fast growing, ambitious company full of passionate people.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This role is based full time in our design studio at our headquarters in Lenton, Nottingham, UK.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 23rd January 2022.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.