About the Job
Are you a Mobile App Developer or Engineer with Android and/or iOS skills wanting to be part of an agile team? Do you want to be a key part of the Customer Technology team in one of the fastest growing FTSE250 companies in the last few years?
As a Mobile App Developer, you will be developing new and existing mobile native applications that support our Warhammer hobby. Such applications enable our customers to build armies, lookup rules or redeem additional digital content. The successful candidate will be involved with commercial products such as subscription based apps, as well as those products which simply provide an improved customer experience, such as Apps that help you paint our miniatures. Basically, there are lots of exciting applications to develop and maintain!
- Working with Scrum, Product and other delivery functions to efficiently deliver quality solutions to business requirements.
- Adopting and demonstrating industry best practices.
- Upholding and raising the quality of team output through code reviews and feedback.
- Identifying technical debt, and areas of process improvement, which can deliver value to the business.
- Engaging in Agile processes and ceremonies with the delivery teams.
- Collaborating with other developers and test analysts to develop robust testing processes which facilitate rapid delivery of high quality software.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven experience in a digital/mobile app development function, ideally consumer facing.
- Understanding of the end to end delivery cycle, from product management through to Test/QA.
- Skilled in one or more of the following Languages:
- iOS – Swift
- Android – Kotlin
- Skilled in one or more of the following Frameworks:
- iOS – (SwiftUI, Combine), UIKit
- Android – Jetpack, Kotlin Coroutines
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This role could either be based at our head office in Lenton or working remotely.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 24th October 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.