About the Job
Are you a Mobile Application Engineer or Developer with either Android or iOS skills (preferably both!) wanting to be part of an agile team? Do you want to be a key part of the Customer Technology team in one of the fastest growing FTSE250 companies in the last few years?
It is an exciting time to join Games Workshop in our Customer Technology Team as we develop and grow to become a high velocity delivery, customer focused, agile software engineering team. The team is involved in delivering new digital products and services to customers and modernising our technology stack to allow rapid delivery of secure, scalable services. Always using data and testing to drive decision making and to measure success.
As a Mobile Native App Developer, you will be responsible for delivering solutions to business problems, using mobile native applications, as well as innovating and driving the adoption of modern technical practices throughout the wider team.
- Working with Scrum, Product and other delivery functions to efficiently deliver quality solutions to business requirements.
- Adopting and demonstrating industry best practices.
- Upholding and raising the quality of team output through code reviews and feedback.
- Identify technical debt, and areas of process improvement, which can deliver value to the business.
- Engage in Agile processes and ceremonies with the delivery teams.
- Collaborate with other developers and test analysts to develop robust testing processes which facilitate rapid delivery of high quality software.
- Support junior team members to improve their technical skills, and alignment with business goals.
- Being a strong communicator and collaborator.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Proven experience in a fast paced digital/mobile app development function, ideally consumer facing.
- Grounded understanding of the end to end delivery cycle, from product management through to Test/QA.
- iOS – Swift
- Android – Kotlin
- iOS – (SwiftUI, Combine), UIKit
- Android – Jetpack, Kotlin Coroutines
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This role could either be based at our head office in Lenton or working remotely.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.