About the Job
Are you a Mobile Application Engineer or Developer with Android &/or iOS skills wanting to be part of an agile team? Do you want to be a key part of the Customer Technology team in one of the fastest growing FTSE250 companies in the last few years?
It is an exciting time to join Games Workshop in our Customer Technology Team as we develop and grow to become a high velocity delivery, customer focused, agile software engineering team. The team is involved in delivering new digital products and services to customers and modernising our technology stack to allow rapid delivery of secure, scalable services. Always using data and testing to drive decision making and to measure success.
As Senior Mobile Software Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering solutions to business problems, using mobile native applications, as well as innovating and driving the adoption of modern technical practices throughout the wider team.
- Liaising with stakeholders to understand business problems, and quickly deliver appropriate solutions.
- Upholding and raising the quality of team output through code reviews and feedback.
- Collaborating with technical leaders to develop best practices with new technologies and approaches.
- Identifying technical debt, and areas of process improvement, which can deliver value to the business.
- Engaging in Agile processes and ceremonies with the delivery teams.
- Collaborating with other developers and test analysts to develop robust testing processes which facilitate rapid delivery of high quality software.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members to improve their technical skills, and their alignment with business goals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in mobile native software engineering in an enterprise environment.
- A relevant degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Computer Science or similar field.
- A strong understanding of the following principles/ methods:
- Object-oriented and functional programming principles
- Agile/Scrum delivery methods
- Unit testing
- Swift / UIKit
- Kotlin / Coroutines / Android Jetpack
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Be adaptable to change and enjoy working under pressure.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
Other Essential Information
Location: This role could be based in either our office in Lenton, UK or working remotely.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 29th November 2020
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.