About the Job
Do you want to be part of an exciting Global Events strategy, delivering incredible experiences and fostering a world in which More Warhammer is continuously played More Often? Are you excited by the prospect of visualizing, planning, and executing Warhammer events of all sizes?
The North American Event Organizer will be required to engage with the North American Warhammer community – including internal Games Workshop stakeholders and our passionate fanbase, to help successfully execute on the overall Global Events strategy. You will work closely with Games Workshop Senior Event Staff to innovate and implement the tasks required for Games Workshop’s successful participation in both internal and external events across North America. The ideal individual will be able to consistently meet and exceed KPIs while completing daily tasks and requirements without extensive direct oversight. You will need to leverage your experience and capabilities to implement an offering that serves the full depth and breadth of events those customers require – from flawlessly executed Grand Tournaments to engaging, immersive Campaigns and an array of innovative event initiatives.
Find Out More
The main duties as a N.A. Event Organizer are to carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: event organization and management, contract negotiation and management, event logistics and planning, move-in/move-out management, inter-departmental communication and stakeholder engagement, event operational support, and effective management/leadership of full-time, part-time, and volunteer event staff, organized play activities, and assisting in the implementation of organized play strategy. As a N.A. Event Organizer, expert communication, relationship building, and organizational skills are critical. You will work with a complex set of internal and external stakeholders while serving a passionate and heavily invested customer base. You will need to leverage your experience and capabilities to execute world class events, to include all related activities – from contract negotiation and logistics/planning through operational oversight and booth sales. You must also be comfortable collaborating outside your daily responsibilities within a cohesive, geographically dispersed, cross-functional team to help ensure a polished, exciting, continuously improving experience across all facets of Global Events. Your work will include both executing the strategy for Games Workshop-led events and participating in / supporting independently-run events across the Tabletop Wargaming and adjacent communities.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is even more important than your skills or experience.
– Medical – Dental – Vision
– 5 Weeks PTO
– 401k Employer Match
– Life Insurance
Other Essential Information
• Manage organized play activities for any Warhammer core game system;
• Collaborate with multiple senior GW Event staff, and key Games Workshop Stakeholders to continuously execute on the North American event strategy;
• Implement the Organized Play Strategy at all levels of play – local, regional, national, and continental;
• As needed, collaborate to help refine and deploy the overall Global Events strategy;
• Engage, network, and foster excitement within the N.A. community of Warhammer fans to promote greater activity and a continuous occurrence of More Warhammer, More Often;
• Regular monthly (and occasionally more frequent) travel to conventions, independent events, and Games Workshop events to support overall event management and ensure the successful execution of our strategy;
• Occasional international travel in support of the overall Global Events strategy;
• Where necessary, identify, obtain, and manage volunteer and part-time staff to help run key events and activities.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years’ experience in event management or related field preferred;
• Experience running Organized Play events on at least a volunteer basis is required; multiple years’ experience running large, complex Organized Play events is preferred;
• Integrity, results-focused work ethic, and detailed analytical skills;
• Experience applying Kaizen and Extreme Ownership philosophies is a plus;
• Experience working with venues, contracts, hotel and catering services, vendors, and logistics/transportation
• A customer-first focus; the ideal candidate perceives event judges and staff as responsible to provide *all* participants with an exceptional experience;
• Knowledge of and experience with gaming/sports tournament philosophy and concepts; • Excellent time management, organizational skills and enjoys working in a fast paced environment; Commitment to create an inclusive, welcoming environment throughout the planning process for colleagues, speakers, and participants;
• Excellent time management, organizational skills and enjoys working in a fast paced environment; • Ideally, experience using technology, A/V, and creative design to successfully create event value and production;
• Able and willing to work well in a diverse environment;
• Demonstrated commitment to working with remote teams and departments;
• Demonstrated ability to engage with internal and external stakeholder communities;
• Computer proficiency in Google and Office Suites; hands-on experience with event and organized play management software is preferred;
• Unselfish willingness to perform other duties as required and assigned.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply you must send us a letter telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview on the content of their letters.
This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for. Please include an up-to-date resume to support your application.
Additionally, you may also submit a video to further support your application and let us get to know you.
Closing date: Applications must be received by Tuesday, June 15, 2021.