About the Job
Games Workshop specialises in manufacturing fantasy miniatures and selling them globally.
We have an opportunity for a person to join our Product Safety and Integrity team as Product Safety & Assurance Advisor for toys and hardlines. Action figures, comics, board games, gaming peripherals and collectibles are just some of the products that you will be responsible for ensuring are safe and compliant across the globe.
As Product Safety and Assurance Advisor, your work will help ensure that our products are always compliant, packaged and labelled correctly, and backed by the correct documentation. To achieve this, you will review products and components against national and international requirements in line with the critical path and company policies. You may already have experience in a technologist role or have a quality assurance/ quality control background.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating products, components and their packaging to ensure safety, compliance and due diligence.
- Providing technical advice to Product Studios and Managers.
- Communicating technical information clearly and concisely.
- Producing company requirements based on international standards and regulations.
- Reviewing testing data and other technical data to minimise compliance risk.
- Progressing and chasing Corrective and Preventative Action plans.
- Compiling reports on complaints and defects, and investigating issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven experience of working in a similar role, ideally within a manufacturer or retailer of consumer goods.
- An understanding of product testing and manufacturing.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and confidently, both verbally and in writing.
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in a related field is desirable.
- Experience presenting at executive level is also desirable.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 25th April 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.