About the Job
Unfazed by sense-checking invoices, contracts, and other paperwork? Enjoy being super-organised? Friendly, upbeat, and interested in building working relationships?
Black Library is the publishing division of Games Workshop and we are looking for a Production Administrator with these qualities to join our growing team. In this role you will help profitably grow Black Library sales by delivering outstanding administrative support to our Editorial, Production, and Operations staff as they create, release, and sell award-winning books and digital content set within the fictional worlds of Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Data entry and KPI reporting
- Raising commissioning forms (contracts) for our freelance staff
- Preparing invoices for authorisation
- Organizing travel and accommodation
- Booking and tracking courier deliveries
- Placing gratis orders with the warehouse
- Co-ordinating approval of manufacturing samples
- Ordering office equipment and stationery supplies
- Collecting and delivering paperwork and parcels around site
- Supporting freelancers with queries and reference material
- Requesting blurbs, endorsements, and cover quotes from authors
There is also the opportunity to occasionally help the Editorial team with manuscript preparation and sign-off checks
Find Out More
What skills and experience are required?
Now is a hugely exciting time for the Black Library studio. We are in one of the most dynamic periods of our 20+ year history, and we want to hear from candidates who are numerate, well-organised, thrive on having a routine, and can use initiative to prioritise and problem solve. Knowledge of the publishing industry or Games Workshop products could be an advantage in this role, but is not necessary as full training on our workflows will be provided.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Proven experience working in a role where you have demonstrated excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Knowledge of preparing invoices for authorisation (note that payment is handled separately by the Accounts Team)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, or Google Sheets
- Confidence in setting and negotiating deadlines, and chasing stakeholders to ensure they are met
- To be comfortable communicating with people at all levels in a helpful and friendly way
- To be capable of ensuring personal identifiable information about our freelancers is handled in a sensitive way, and information about pre-release products is kept secure
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 24th October 2021
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.