About the Job
Are you a Tester with experience of working with automating QA tests, processes, and reports? Do you want to analyse and test data for our Active Directory migration, ensuring that solutions are successfully delivered?
We are looking for a QA Tester to join a small team of testers on a 12 month fixed term contract.
You will be responsible for understanding requirements from our technical teams in Infrastructure, Architecture and Database Analytics, creating test plans and influencing internal technical teams to create the requirements for testing. Liaising with business stakeholders to understand the system requirements, you will carry out testing, reporting the outcome and criticality of failure to the project lead and giving feedback to the technical team for changes to be made.
- Assisting the IT Support Teams and Project Teams in supporting relevant systems and resolving faults.
- Review and analyze specifications and requirements to produce detailed test plans, test scripts, test cases, and test exit reports to ensure the delivery of high quality products.
- Ensure test risks and issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved within a timely manner.
- Work with Developers, SME’s and appropriate GW staff to produce and carry out outcome-based exploratory tests.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure appropriate levels of testing are completed for functional and non-functional elements of projects.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to produce appropriate documentation to allow UAT to be completed.
- Organise and manage system tests ensuring testing is fully documented prior to release.
- Participate in product and feature design reviews with Developers, Business Analysts, Designers, and Project Managers.
- Create home-grown tools and scripts to facilitate and support ad-hoc testing. Including assisting in the development/maintenance of automation tests and/or frameworks.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
We are looking for someone with proven experience as a software tester working in a physical/virtual server environment, preferably with Active Directory.
You will need an understanding of various testing methodologies for this role.
You will enjoy being part of a proactive team, collaborating with and influencing internal IT stakeholders.
We look for people who are passionate about technology and want to become part of a business who are committed to delivering a quality service to everyone. This is a great opportunity to join Games Workshop’s fast paced IT team, as we continue our success journey across the globe!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Contract Duration: This is a fixed term contract for the duration of 12 months.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Tuesday 1st December 2020.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.