About the Job
Are you a Cloud Native Developer who wants to be part of an agile team delivering critical customer facing applications for Games Workshop?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Native Developer to join our Customer Technology team, covering our ecommerce channels and our new applications like ‘My Warhammer’ and ‘Warhammer+’.
You will be responsible for coding against tasks independently or through Paired Programming to deliver functionality for our QA team to test.
In this role you’ll be spending time really understanding the challenges you are trying to solve and creating high quality solutions together with colleagues, quickly. Working with other Developers and alongside a QA in a squad, you will work to Agile principles, getting involved in everything from daily stand ups to demos with stakeholders to planning sessions.
- Developing fit for purpose software and the tools to support and maintain it.
- Ensuring that software developed is always functional and available.
- Facing tricky challenges that require you to be a creative developer to overcome.
- Contributing to our future technology strategy and being a part of making it a reality.
- Every day, you will be looking for ways to improve how we build and support our services whilst championing new ideas to help give the best results possible to our customers.
- Caring about the software development process and understanding the importance of collaboration.
- Providing operational support ensuring that our systems and websites are always working for everyone, everywhere.
You will have experience of working in AWS, and with the serverless paradigm. You’ll also be accustomed to using techniques like Test Driven Development and Paired Programming to create secure and performant software.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this, we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days of holiday per year (including public holidays), a matching contributory pension scheme of up to 7.5%, a profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets), and the option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
There will be a requirement for occasional out of hours work.
Location: This role is home based, with occasional visits to the Lenton, Nottingham Head Office site.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 8th August 2021
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.