About the Job
Are you a Mobile App Developer with Android &/or iOS skills wanting to be part of an agile team?
It is an exciting time to join Games Workshop in our Customer Technology Team as we develop and grow to become a high velocity delivery, customer focused, agile software engineering team.
As Senior Mobile App Developer, you will be developing new and existing mobile native applications that support our Warhammer hobby. Such applications enable our customers to build armies, lookup rules or redeem additional digital content. The successful candidate will be involved with commercial products such as subscription based apps, as well as those products which simply provide an improved customer experience, such as Apps that help you paint our miniatures. Basically, there are lots of exciting applications to develop and maintain!
- Working with Scrum, Product and other delivery functions to efficiently deliver quality solutions to business requirements.
- Upholding and raising the quality of team output through code reviews and feedback.
- Identifying technical debt, and areas of process improvement, which can deliver value to the business.
- Engaging in Agile processes and ceremonies with the delivery teams.
- Technically leading other developers and test analysts to develop robust testing processes which facilitate rapid delivery of high quality software.
- Supporting junior and mid level team members to improve their technical skills, and alignment with business goals through effective mentoring.
- Efficiently resolving highly technical problems and knowing when/where to balance any trade-offs such as workarounds.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in developing Android and/or iOS applications.
- Technical leadership/ mentoring experience.
- A strong understanding of the following principles/ methods:
- Agile/Scrum delivery methods
- Unit testing
- iOS – Swift UI & Combine
- Android – Kotlin / Coroutines / Jetpack Compose
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Be a strong communicator/collaborator and the ‘go to’ person who drives positive outcomes.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This is a remote working position.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 19th September 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.