About the Job
Do you want to work at one of the FTSE 250’s fastest growing companies? Are you an experienced Production Planner looking for your next challenge? If the answer is yes, then read on for more detail …….
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Production Planner to work in our Tooling department.
Our Tooling department receives digital data from the design studios and uses this to manufacture injection mould tools that produce our plastic miniatures. A technical group of teams using advanced engineering software and high end precision machinery over two production sites, it’s an end to end process that facilitates and enables our ever improving designs to be converted into the best fantasy miniatures in the world.
As Senior Production Planner you will be responsible for creating and maintaining production plans for all departments within Tooling to ensure all new release tooling is efficiently produced, on time, to the agreed standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating short term and long term production plans for each department in Tooling ( including CAM, Tool Design & Freeform).
- Monitoring each department’s progress against the production plan.
- Reporting on progress against plan including the critical path and updating various KPI’s for production and Tooling.
- Compiling information for monthly accounts.
- Maintaining information about new release/tool sign off.
- Ensuring the design studios are kept up-to-date with changes in product information so that construction booklets can be kept up-to-date.
- Scheduling tool delivery from suppliers and passing through to testing.
- Capacity planning – both people and equipment.
Skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Planning experience ideally within a Production/Manufacturing environment.
- Data analysis skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent stakeholder management and collaboration skills.
- Ability to evaluate information and make sensible decisions.
- Be a problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Experience of using planning software tools
If you have all of the above and are the type of person who relishes meeting their own goals but are fully focused on supporting and helping other departments achieve theirs too, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This role will be based on site at our head office in Lenton, Nottingham.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 17th January 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.