About the Job
Are you a sustainability specialist with experience in driving environmental initiatives?
Do you want to support Games Workshop in achieving its sustainability goals by providing commercially minded in-house sustainability support to a global business?
We’re looking for a Sustainability Advisor to work within our Compliance and Sustainability team, providing practical advice and driving initiatives and improvements across the business globally. Carbon, waste and energy reduction initiatives are key areas of focus for this role.
• To drive engagement throughout the business on the subject of sustainability.
• To actively engage with key departments and support with improvements and initiatives.
• Being responsible for working with external partners to assist Games Workshop in meeting its sustainable goals.
• Responsible for ensuring that all sustainability programmes have a scheduled project plan as agreed with the Compliance and Sustainability Manager.
• Ensuring that all sustainability programmes are being completed in line with the agreed project plans.
• Accountable for ensuring that appropriate sustainability auditing is conducted as required.
• To provide informed, sensible and risk based sustainability advice at all times.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge Required
• Proven experience in driving and delivering sustainability initiatives and improvements.
• Experience working with sustainability subjects such as carbon emissions, waste and recycling, and renewables.
• Strong communication skills, ability to interpret complex and in depth information at all levels and influence stakeholders on improvement initiatives.
• Proactive and pragmatic, problem solving ability and capable of always considering the wider picture.
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Proficient and comfortable in interpreting large amounts of data. Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and very well established company that continues to lead the industry and delight our customers. If you want to be part of our exciting future and help us with our sustainability journey, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 16th May 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.