About the Job
Are you excited by the challenge of face-to-face meetings, selling our global brand into Japanese business customers? Do you want to help our trade partners, grow their sales by managing their product range and giving great advice? Are you excited about seeing our products on sale in shops in Japan? If you are, then we want to hear from you.
This is a job that is not office based. You will be visiting stores on a daily basis, primarily in the wider Tokyo region, but also across Japan, to an agreed plan, ensuring they always have the right stock, in line with our Trade Strategy. In this role you will be:
- Visiting a variety of business partners such as Yodobashi Camera, Yellow Submarine and independent retail outlets on a regular basis to ensure that they have the right range in stock
- Advising them on what products they need to stock to suit their business needs so that they can maximise all sales opportunities
- Advising them how to merchandise our products in their stores and how to use POS to maximise brand visibility and awareness
- Developing a relationship of trust with your customers
- Performing stock checks and ensuring they reorder stock that has been sold
- Working with our internal Trade Sales team in our office in Tokyo to keep them aware of advice given and stock checks that have been made
We know that advising retailers about products that they may not be familiar with can be challenging, but highly rewarding. Managing your time effectively to make sure every customer is visited on schedule is no easy task either, but these are just the sorts of challenges that the right person for this job will relish.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business partners and colleagues
- Excellent customer service and time management
- Ability to multi-task and high organisational skills
- Ability to influence existing clients and grow sales
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of visually merchandising world class products, ideally within the Hobby industry
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work.
Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is even more important than your skills or experience.
Other Essential Information
Salary: JPY 3,500,000 – JPY 5,500,000 + flexible working hours + travel costs
This job will need you to be able to travel daily, as well as some working away from
home during a calendar month
You will have to attend our office in Tokyo 1-2 times per month (after initial training