About the Job
We are expanding our miniatures design team! We are looking for more people to join the ranks of our Citadel Miniatures Designers. Miniatures are at the heart of what we do at Games Workshop, key to the long term success of the business.
Our designers are responsible for sculpting Citadel Miniatures to exacting standards to meet our manufacturing needs and at the same time, finding ways to improve our range of miniatures and ensure that they remain the best fantasy miniatures in the world.
You will be making the next generation of Citadel Miniatures for Warhammer: Age of Sigmar and Warhammer: 40,000. Following a brief, you will be responsible for delivering exciting Citadel Miniatures, on time, as part of a passionate team, totally focussed on Warhammer miniatures.
- Produce finished plastic kits to agreed briefs, using 3D design software, planning work and managing their time to the agreed deadlines.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered to the agreed quality and delivery standards, ensuring that technical and aesthetic quality is always improving.
- Collaborate with other members of the Citadel Miniatures team, discussing, giving and receiving feedback on ideas to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to recognise what is important for an exciting and high quality Citadel Miniature and can use aesthetic judgement to evaluate and replicate design language of Warhammer ranges.
- The design skills and technical expertise to solve problems in pursuit of high quality miniatures.
- A tireless approach to learning and the development of relevant professional skills and the pursuit of increasing performance.
It is not essential that candidates have previous experience of designing plastic kits, full training will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established business that continues to lead the industry and delight its customers. If you share our passion for inspiring others through your work and want to be part of our miniature design team’s exciting future, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This role is based full time in our design studio at our headquarters in Lenton, Nottingham, UK.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Tuesday 23rd January 2022.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
We would also like to view examples of your work; please upload your images in common file formats.
When you’re ready, please click apply, below.