About the Job
Are you a Biztalk integration developer with a wealth of experience and knowledge in your field?
If you are competent when it comes to providing great service, simple and elegant solutions that will be flexible to our wider teams and reduce risk, be cost effective and delivered on time we would love to hear from you.
Our Priorities are to ensure GW meets it’s customer SLA’s by ensuring all IT Services are fit for purpose and to be ever improving. Where possible IT will be implementing initiatives to aid in GW’s operational efficiencies all while delivering at pace.
Our future plans will include implementation of a new ERP System, New Global Warehouse Solution, IT Security strategy and various other projects, whilst optimising and improving the IT Services we provide.
You should have experience and proficiency in use of BizTalk, including creation of schemas, maps and orchestrations, pipeline components, Business Rule development, and knowledge of when and how to apply BizTalk patterns. Additionally, it would be desirable if you have experience writing web and desktop applications (C#; other OO programming languages considered), create Web Services (RESTful and SOAP), XML, XSD and XSLT, JSON. Cloud experience would also be useful. Although these areas have been highlighted, we’re interested to hear from you even if you don’t have all of these
Find Out More
- To take responsibility for producing quality code.
- Engage with third parties and internal staff to deliver agreed timescales and to the agreed specifications.
- Mentoring and code sharing with other Developers in the team
- Provide estimates for development and unit testing.
- Use specific design, analysis and language capabilities to provide required functionality in accordance with agreed timescales and to agreed coding and testing standards.
- Fulfil tasks as a member of an agile team, engaging in practices such as daily stand-up meetings and peer reviews.
- Contribute to requirement and design reviews.
- Act as a peer reviewer for code delivered by other developers.
- Provide guidance to other developers on the implementation of new features, in line with coding standards and system architecture.
- Contribute to, and where appropriate own the delivery of, technical documentation which will assist with onboarding of new team members.
- Ensure code adheres to agreed standards, and is written in a way that it is easy to maintain and extend.
- Partake in third-line support activities for in-house developed software applications, including incident investigation, diagnosis and resolution.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on August 22nd, 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.