About the Job
Are you a Tester with experience of creating QA tests, processes, and reports? Do you want to analyse and test data, ensuring that solutions are successfully delivered. We are looking for a QA Test Analyst to join us on a permanent basis.
You will initially support the successful delivery of our EMG project, which is a key business priority and your contribution will be critical to its success. You will be responsible for understanding requirements from our technical teams in Development, Infrastructure, Architecture and Database Analytics, creating test plans and influencing internal technical teams to create the requirements for testing. Liaising with business stakeholders to understand the system requirements, you will carry out testing, reporting the outcome and criticality of failure to the project lead and giving feedback to the technical team for changes to be made.
● Assisting the IT Support Teams and Project Teams in supporting relevant systems and resolving faults.
● Reviewing and analysing specifications and requirements to produce detailed test plans, test scripts, test cases, and test exit reports to ensure the delivery of high quality products.
● Ensuring test risks and issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved within a timely manner.
● Working with Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers and appropriate GW staff to produce test scenarios and test cases.
● Testing throughout the project lifecycle, recording results and where appropriate performing initial root cause investigation within targeted milestones assuring quality assurance in each phase.
● Creating home-grown tools and scripts to facilitate and support ad-hoc testing. Including assisting in the development/maintenance of automation tests and/or frameworks.
● Defect tracking and management, working with development teams to identify root cause and resolve issues.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
● Proven experience as a software tester working in a physical/virtual server environment, testing big projects such as warehouse and ERP systems.
● Experience of using T-SQL to create queries, temp tables, query across multiple databases.
● Experience of writing test scripts and regression packs.
● Basic knowledge of test tools i.e. SoapUI, Postman, RSAT etc.
● Competent with exploratory & Functionality testing methodology and session based test management.
● Experience in testing API’s and Integration.
This is a great opportunity to join Games Workshop’s fast paced IT team, as we continue our success journey across the globe!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time on Tuesday 11th April 2023.
This position will be offered on a hybrid working basis
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.