About the Job
Are you an experienced Graphic Designer with a passion for Warhammer and board games? Would you love to lay out and design world-class games such as Warhammer Underworlds and Warhammer Quest? If the answer is yes, we have a new opportunity, so read on for more detail…
We are looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our renowned Boxed Games Studio. Reporting to the Studio Manager, you will join a team responsible for producing our awesome range of boxed games using the Adobe Creative Cloud software suite on Macs.
You will work closely with our games designers, artists and other graphic designers to design and lay out boxed game assets; these could be anything from rulebooks and cards to the game board itself. You will present innovative design solutions that enhance the quality of our boxed games and the user experience whilst maintaining consistency with our intellectual property.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Going through the design brief with the Product Design Lead or Studio Manager, gaining clarification on the release schedule and product plan for the production of the boxed game.
- Designing and creating the layout of boxed game assets.
- Reviewing the work of your peers and giving constructive feedback.
- Receiving feedback on your work from your peers, your manager and the wider studio, and making any alterations.
- Attending project kickoff meetings as well as regular project update meetings with all relevant stakeholders.
- Being involved in playtesting products to ensure they’re fit for purpose.
- Working to tight deadlines.
You’ll have proven experience in graphic design and a good knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software, alongside an interest in board games and Games Workshop’s intellectual property.
If you have all of this and enjoy the challenge of working to tight deadlines whilst always pushing quality, and can demonstrate a strong work ethic, cheerfulness and a willingness to adapt, we want to hear from you!
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive:
- Staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Matching pension scheme up to 7.5%
- Profit share bonus (subject to Games Workshop meeting profit targets)
- Share Save scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- On-site Bugmans bar with discounts on food and drink
- Sports & social club with subsidised trips and access to the on-site weights room
- On site yoga classes and massages
- Travel repayment scheme on Tram passes and Robin Hood Card
- Cycle scheme
- Annual events: Summer fun day and Christmas events
Other Essential Information
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 16th August 2020
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application and some examples of your work. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.